We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This policy applies where we are active as the data controller with respect to the personal data of our website visitors and service users. We determine the purposes and means for the processing of that personal data.
In this policy, “we”, “us” or “our” refer to Online Electronics.
How we use your personal data
In this section, we have set out:
- The general categories of personal data we may process;
- The purposes of why we may process personal data;
- The legal basis of the processing;
- Website enquiries
- Withdrawal of consent; and
- Use of third parties.
Categories of personal data Online Electronics collect:
- Email address
- Company name
- Job Title
- Telephone Number
The personal data we collect will be used for the following purposes;
- Sending appropriate product updates and materials based on interest by email, telephone or post by the Online Electronics Sales Team.
- Improving the Online Electronics website and customer journey using Lead Forensics and Google Analytics.
- Sending service information, or products of interest to customers based on interest by email, telephone or post by the Online Electronics Sales Team.
The Legal Basis for processing data is;
- Consent: Online Electronics may send marketing material based on your selected preferences. Consent is received by opting in / out of Online Electronics Marketing.
- Legitimate interest: sending information based on the individual’s interest, job title or Company appropriate for Online Electronics products, previous relationships or opportunities with Online Electronics.
By submitting your sales enquiry on our website, your personal information will be used for the purpose of answering your product enquiry only. This information will not be used for Marketing Communications. Online Electronics Sales team may contact you by email or telephone to give you information on relevant products under the Legitimate Interest legal basis. You can opt out of this at any time.
You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing the Online Electronics Sales and Marketing Team at email@example.com or unsubscribing from emails.
There are no special categories of personal data within the Sales and Marketing department.
Online Electronics will not pass on your personal data to third parties out with the group without first obtaining your consent. The following third parties will receive your personal data for the following purposes as part of the processing activities:
- Web Integrations - Website hosts.
- IK-UK – Sister Group
All systems are accessed through individual user accounts and are password protected.
Retaining and deleting personal data
Our data retention policies and procedures are designed to help ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal data.
Personal data that we process for any purpose shall not be kept for longer than necessary for that purpose.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance periods for which your personal data will be retained. In such cases, we will determine the period of retention based on the following criteria:
- the period of retention of personal data will be determined based on the individual’s relationship with Online Electronics and the products and services we offer.
Changes to this Policy
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website.
You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold on you. The provision of such information will be subject to completion of a Subject Request Form or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject access request will be completed within 30 days of receiving the request.
You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. This can be completed up updating your contact preferences or emailing email@example.com
If you wish to update the information we hold, this can be completed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
You can contact Online Electronics Marketing team on email@example.com or 01224 714 714