The first stage solution, delivered by our Special Projects engineering, was to adapt the 6000 subsea data logger to 1500 bar capability by the use of special calibrated Pressure Temperature transducers. Implemented 3 years ago these have been successfully utilized.
Stage two began when a major subsea services provider (aware of our 1500 bar capability) asked us if we could adapt the concept to provide for 2000 bar capability, logging every second, pass/fail indication and interface with Optical modems for subsea fast download of data. Special Projects engineering carried out the following:
- Redesign of the internal fixturing to allow for the addition of 2000 bar high precision pressure/temperature transducers in the 6000 housing
- Modified the data logging program and storage device
- Provided extra length to add additional batteries to power the optical modem
- Added DNV specified Pass/Fail criteria programming and display
- Converted our standard MODBUS data communications to Binary language to allow for much faster download of data to the optical modems to allow for fast transfer of much higher data packages in fast turn-around.
Special Projects also debugged the client supplied Optical Modem configuration and settings.